Starting as a mercantile store in the 1800s, The Jerry Cox Company of Conway, SC, has been providing outstanding products and services to the people of Horry County for over a century.
The Jerry Cox Company traces its origins to 1880 when its parent company, Burroughs & Collins, operated a chain of stores in Cool Springs, Pine Island (Myrtle Beach), Conway, Port Harrelson (Bucksport), Bayboro, and Grahamville.
As time passed, these stores were leased to individuals by the Burroughs & Collins Co. Eventually, Burroughs & Collins Co. bought up the individual stores, and in 1926 incorporated them under the name of The Jerry Cox Co. The Jerry Cox Co., headquartered in Conway, South Carolina, has been continually operating ever since.